What is the Arkansas Grow Healthy Study?
- Understanding the local food environment
- Promotion of farm to school programs
- Marketing healthy foods to young children
- Development of parent-teacher partnered nutrition curriculum
- Training new educators in childhood obesity issues
Connect With Us
- Registration is Now Open for FREE Farm to School Workshops
- GardenCorps now accepting applications for 2015-2016 Service Sites and Service Members
The mission of Arkansas GardenCorps is to promote the use of school and community gardens to provide nutrition education with the purpose of reducing childhood obesity and to increase environmental awareness and sustainable agriculture practices in Arkansas communities. Read more to apply.
- Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute to Bring Schools & Farms Together with Regional Farm to School Summits
Nearly $50K in USDA grants will help schools create healthier meals using local foods in 2015.
- Fayetteville Public Schools Wins the Arkansas Farm to School Month Competition Prize for Preschool, Middle or High Schools!
Congratulations to Fayetteville Public Schools for winning the premium anti-fatigue floor mat donated by Krebs Brothers Restaurant Supply in North Little Rock! Read the details on Fayetteville's Farm to School Month Activities.
- Bayyari Elementary Wins the Prize for Arkansas Elementary Schools! Congratulations to Bayyari Elementary for winning the Farm to You Exhibit, donated by the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service! Read Bayyari's entry.
- Delta Garden Study School Garden-Based Science Curriculum Available
To access the Delta Garden Study School Garden-Based Science Curriculum please register below. When you register, you will be able to access the full curriculum (50 Lessons) and corresponding materials (i.e. Recipe Book, Garden Guide) at no charge. The current curriculum is aligned to the State of Arkansas educational frameworks for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade science, math, and literacy. Register
- Join the Arkansas Farm to School Google Group! This group provides a way for anyone interested in, or working on farm to school in Arkansas to share resources, announcements, and needs with the farm to school community. Anyone can post to the group once you sign up. To sign up, e-mail Andrew Carberry at firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Google Group' in the subject.
- Sign up to receive The Arkansas Grow Healthy newsletter which contains information on farm to school programs from around the state, guidance on getting started, seasonal produce availability, policy information, and special event invitations.